Thursday, July 21, 2016

Book Series I'm Ashamed I haven't read...yet!


Hello everyone ! 
So, yesterday I was watching some youtube videos about books and I stumbled on POLANDBANANAS's video : "Books I'm Ashamed I haven't read yet", and I absolutely loved it ( go ahead and watch it if you have some time you'll love it ^_^ ) It was lots of fun and I thought why don't I do it since there a loooot of book series that are popular and I am ashamed because...I haven't read them...yet !


I feel like there are some book series out there that are like some kinda of a big deal for all book geeks, either they love them or they hate them, they've already read them. And me, well, me, I feel like an alien.



Whenever people talk about them, like OMG did you see what happened in the last book and all that stuff, I'm just like...Oh, I haven't even read the first book yet..


Sooooo, let us begin the walk of shame, shall we ?

The first book series I am ashamed of not reading is The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


This is like a book series everyone likes. Honestly, I don't know what's keeping me from reading this, I guess I must be weird because I can't seem to find another explanation.

The next book series I'm ashamed I haven't read is none other but the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J.Maas


Okay, I have absolutely no idea why I'm not reading this, I mean it has everything I love in a book, it has fae, magic, romance, kick-ass heroine, royalties...High Fantasy is even one of my favorite genre. But, I do believe that it must be the hype ! I mean everyone is just so in love with this book and I guess I'm afraid I won't like it, and I'm going to be the only one who doesn't like it, and I'm going to feel terribly alone #Drama


The next one is a classical one : Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.


This is like a must-read series for everyone, I mean come on this is a classic people should read when they are teens...Well, I didn't...
*Sad violin music playing in the background*

Next is, The Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

 I read someone's review saying that if you haven't read this then you haved missed your youth...



The next two, I put them together, are Vampire Academy aaaand Twilight, by ( respectively ) Richelle Mead and Stephenie Meyer.

               


There was a time, well that time actually was a year ago ( damn I'm getting old ) when I was into vampires, and yet, I did not read any of those two, I mean I didn't even thought of picking them up, like what the hell is wrong with me  ? Everyone knows that if you're into vampires then You Should Start with these two. Although Twilight is not very liked, all book geeks ( lovers of vampires ) have read at least the first book ! Well I haven't...



And then, I just need to talk about this one, is A song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.


 I remember seeing this in a bookstore before the show had started, when I was thirteen or something and I was not reader and I was like how is it possible to write a song of 1000 pages ?!?


I know I know, I wasn't very smart when I was a kid. 
So, I am a big fan of the tv-show, it's just one of the most epic tv-show in the history of tv-shows, so naturally I said I was going to read the books after I watched the first two seasons. That was on 2012...#ShameOnMe



And...now...the ultimate one...
Please people, don't hurt me...

Harry freaking Potter !


Who on earth hasn't read Harry Potter  ?
 

I know I should have read this like a looooong time ago, when I was a kid and I didn't. Wait, I have an excuse ! The first Harry Potter book was published in 1996...I was born on 1996. Soooo, it makes sense that I didn't read it because I was being born duh...
But, you may ask, why didn't you read this later ? 
Prepare yourself for a shocking revelation *inhales deeply*...I hated reading !

Yep, that's right, when I was a kid I hated reading, like I used to read two pages then I would ran to my mom and say I had a headache, like what the hell?  Who has a headache by reading only two freaking pages ? Well, obviously that was a lie because I hated learning, and I hated school, and for me, reading was related to school. But as you can see now, that changed, #ThankGod

So, everything is well that ends well...well not exactly because I still haven't read those series, but I will...one day...


So, how about you ? What are some popular book series that you are ashamed you haven't read yet ?
Let me know all about it in the comments ☺️


🌹xoxo🌹






27 comments:

  1. I haven't read Game of Thrones either (or watched the TV series) but I've heard great things about it. I started the series with Cinder but haven't read the rest, I have them all though so I'm sure I will eventually get to them. You still have time right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the game of thrones show is really good, you should watch it.
      And yeah, of course we still have the time ^^

      Delete
  2. Add me to the list of people who haven't read Harry Potter!! I want to get to it though. I LOVE the Lunar Chronicles. I have read a couple in the ToG series but need to continue it. Aw I love Twilight but more with it being one of the books that me back reading. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah it's good to know I'm not the only who hasn't read it !! And I am really planning on reading all of those, hope I'll like them too :)
      Thanks ^^

      Delete
  3. I loved the story about you saying you had a headache whenever you had to read! Hahaha :D

    I also have some of these books on my list!! I always feel so left out when I hear people talk about them! But there are just so many books out there <3 Also, when I start reading one of those series that everyone has read, it takes me a lot of time to get to the sequels :P

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah that was ridiculous ^^
      Yeah me too x)) I'm really bad at finishing series or even trilogies ^^

      Delete
  4. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I sae Harry Potter. FOR SHAME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, yeah I'll get to it one of these days !!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! You are missing out, Vampire Academy, Games of Thrones.... Harry Potter! So many awesome reads. Although I haven't read the Lunar Chronicles yet either... or Cassandra Clares Mortal instruments. Ahh! So many series to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm missing out haha, like you daid there are too many series to catch up on ^^

      Delete
  6. Ehhhh to the Lunar Chronicles, VA series, Throne of Glass series, Mortal Instruments series. I've read the first three MI books, they were good, but not the rest of the series. I've given up on the ToG series, too many books and too many love interests. Harry Potter though... girl what is wrong with you! :O (I'm joking!!!!)

    Great post!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You gave up on Throne of Glass? How far did you get? Book 4 was the best. When I wasn't blown away by the first book I thought I'd take time to continue the series and then all of a sudden after picking up the second book I had raced through them all and now the 5th is on pre-order.

      Book Reviews By Di

      Delete
    2. Aah, I really have to read Harry Potter seriously ! And Throne Of Glass too, everyone seems to think it's a masterpiece haha ^^

      Delete
  7. This is a great post!

    I still can't get over the fact that you haven't read HP, but there are some other great series you have mentioned that you should also try to get around to soon!

    ASoIaF is a looooooooooong series already, but so, so good. But who knows when the last two books will come out? It's also written so densely and you never know what will be important in the next books - so something as small as a blue flower could hold all sorts of meanings in about 4,000 pages time ;)

    Vampire Academy and Throne of Glass are two of my favourite series as well but I have also never read The Lunar Chronicles and feel very ashamed of this! I'll have to rectify this one soon.

    Thanks for this post - really awesome!

    Book Reviews By Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Harry Potter is on top of my list now haha ^^
      I know right ? Game of thrones is just so long, I mean each book is has at least a thousand of pages, and there are at least six books out by now, and damn big books are scaring the hell out of me hehe x)

      I intend to read all of those series I haven't read, well at least the first book of each x))

      Thank you, glad you liked it :))

      Delete
  8. Omg, I don't care for anything else except Lunar Chronicles( and first book of HP :P) because you gotta read this books!! I love, love the entire Lunar Chronicles series!! And add me to the list of people who haven't read HP series yet *hides face* I have only read first HP book and it was really good so I am planning to continue with it soon. Lol that Game of Thrones 1000 pages song was funny! Even I am addicted to the show, but I don't think I'll ever read those books :/ Twilight is pretty good too, but you priority should be Lunar Chronicles :P
    Amazing post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well at least we're not the only ones who haven't read Harry Potter x)
      Yeah, I know that a lot of people love The Lunar Chronicles !
      The books are supposed to be better the show, so I am planning on reading them, well at least I hope so haha ^^
      Thank you :))

      Delete
  9. Ooooh! This is a great post idea! (Also I love POLANDBANNANAS youtube channel!) You have to get onto reading Harry Potter; It's a classic! (AND PERCY JACKSON #PERCABETH) And I recently just sped through books three and four of Throne of Glass; IT'S WORTH IT!

    I haven't read the George RR Martin books either... They are SO BIG! I'm scared.

    Emily @ Reader Rising

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, her videos are hilarious ^^ I know, I really look forward to reading Harry Potter, the movies are absolutely Awesome !! Yeah I have a lot of classic series to catch up ^^
      Big books scare me too, they're huge x)

      Delete
  10. This is a really great post. Many, many on your list I haven't read either. But I am not ashamed because they don't interest me. I read Cinder, but not the rest of the series. I did read the first 3 books of Twilight, and watched the first 3 movies..... somehow I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not reading and/or watching the ending. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well good for you, because I, feel like I'm missing a lot. Certainly because those books sound like something I would like ;)

      Delete
  11. Throne of Glass is a series I haven't read at all yet either! And also Vampire Academy. For the rest of them though, I have at least read the first book, although the first book is pretty much as far as I have gotten in most of them so far. I LOVE the Lunar Chronicles and the Twilight Saga, so you better get to those soon <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad I'm not alone hah ^^ Aha, I'm not pretty food at finishing series too, I usually read the first book then I stop, unless of course if the first book was amazingly good ^^ I hope I will :))

      Delete
  12. I haven't read many of the series on here and my friends have been hating on me about them; especially Cinder and Harry Potter. I really want to start Cinder though since it is a retelling and I often love them. And if you have time please check out my blog at: www.turningofpages.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, that makes two of us ^^ I'm currently reading Harry Potter but Cinder is high on my TBR shelf too ;)

      Delete
  13. I haven't read The Throne of Glass or Game of Thrones either. I don't know if I will, but we'll see. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'll ever have time to read Game of thrones, but I'm definitely going to read Throne Of Glass ^^
      Thanks :))

      Delete