Sunday, July 24, 2016

Review of Rose Petal Graves by Olivia Wildenstein

Title : Rose Petal Graves

Author : Olivia Wildenstein

Series : The Lost Clan Series #1

Genre : NA-Fantasy

Publication date : May 15th, 2016

Rating : 3/5 : ⭐️⭐️⭐️ : "Good"

Note : I received a free e-copy from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.



Blurb :

Ancient secrets cannot remain buried forever.

Founded two centuries ago by an aloof and powerful tribe of Gottwa Indians, Rowan was a quiet town, so quiet that I fled after graduation. Staying away was the plan, but Mom died suddenly, so I rushed home. 

Dad said she suffered a stroke after she dug up one of the ancient graves in our backyard, which happens to be the town cemetery. Creepy, I know. Creepier still, there was no corpse inside the old coffin, only fresh rose petals.

As we made preparations for Mom’s burial, Cruz, the new medical examiner, arrived. I should have felt relieved, but how could I? He was unnervingly handsome, glowed like a human firefly, and knew absolutely nothing about examining dead bodies.

But, he did know what killed my mother…or rather who.

Review :

I don't have loads of things to say about this, so this is going to be short ! 

The writing :
It was quite good, didn't have a problem with it.

The plot :
Now this was interesting. You don't know who the bad guy is and that's exciting because you're changing your mind all the time, well at least the main character is...okay fine, so was I. 

The story :
Hell the story was interesting, but why was it so fast ? Everything happened just soooo fast. It would have certainly been much better if there were more pages. I mean the story is about fairies and ancestry stuff and all that, it could have been better, really.
And that ending was just...weird, very abrupt and not very well made. It shouldn't have ended like that, I mean it has a sequel we can definitely see that, but that is not how a book that has a sequel ends.

The characters :
At first I could totally understand Cat, the main character, she lost her mother so it was a bit normal that she was acting cold and distant. But the way she was treating her dad ? That's was just mean. He lost his wife too, so give him a break ! 
Cruz, the love interest, was okay, he was handsome and mysterious but, unfortunately he wasn't very interesting. 
Blake was like the other love interest, well, I'm not sure if he was a real love interest, because I didn't understand why he was in the book at all so...

The Romance :
Let's talk about the romance now. It was not an ista-love that's for sure, but it happened wayy too fast, and I was like whoa when did that happen ? At one moment, she was not liking him at all and then her heart was beating for him !? Oh please *rolls eyes*. Things just happened way too fast, if you ask me. 


In all, the book had some good potential with a good and solid story but too bad it was very short, especially considering the fact that it has a sequel, I mean come on it could have been 300 pages at least to,just, you know, hook the reader, make him really want to know what is going to happen next, give him the time to be attached more to the characters. I mean two days later, I couldn't even remember the names of the characters so, yeah, that's not usually a good sign ! 
Despite everything, I enjoyed reading this, it was fast and it had potential, the story was actually good, the author added something new to things we have seen before and that was just fun !


Umm, I don't know to who recommend this so I'll just say, if you love pretty covers you can definitely buy this one, it'll look pretty on your shelf 👌🏼


🌹xoxo🌹


14 comments:

  1. Aww. This book sounds enjoyable enough but I'm sad it didn't completely wow you! Also it's too bad it was a bit too short. At least the cover is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that dissapointed me a litlle, but oh well it was fun so I'm not really complaining ^^

      Delete
  2. What you said about the romance being too fast would turn me off. Three stars is kind of meh rating, so I would pass on this book if I had heard of it before (which I hadn't). Hopefully your next read is much much better! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah three stars for me means that it was an okay read, I enjoyed it but nothing more ! The romance was not developped enough that's why !
      Thank you, hope that too :))

      Delete
  3. Great review. I'm sorry it was disappointing but at least it sounded entertaining!

    Book Reviews By Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was quite entertaining :)
      Thank you ^^

      Delete
  4. OH! That blurb got me. I am well interested. Might request this on NG later, too. Lovely review!

    Yani // Paper Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this book before but the cover caught my eye and it sounded decently interesting so I wanted to know more. But this book doesn't sound like it is much more than simply decent, and that it could do with a bit of a better ending and more spicing up to make things more exciting. I think I will be skipping over this one >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, the cover was what caught my eye ! And yes, it wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special either...! You're right to do so ;)

      Delete
  6. I love that cover. Too bad it sounds like this one just fell short. :/ Sorry it wasn't a bit better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right ? That cover is awesome ^^ and sadly it did fell short :/

      Delete